Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Stuart....We Love You xxx



10 Reasons we love our Grandad

Colton Mcqueen say's


He dances with me when know-one else will...
He taught me how to play football (like a true english man)...
He takes me to Home Potato (Home Depot) with him and proudly introduces me to everyone as his ''little helper''...
He is the first person I called 'my best friend'and the person who is now my hero...
He bought me my first set of tools...
He bought me my first ride on powered car and told me to always drive better than my Mumma!...
He takes me for walks with Cougar and ALWAYS allows me to hold the leash, even though this makes things that much harder for him...
He calls me 'mate'...
He teaches me about the scriptures every night before I go to bed...
He prays with me and shows me through his amazing example how great a person I can become...

Amellia Meadow say's


He makes me coo...
He gave me my first blessing, and told me I will forever be under his protection...
He sings me to sleep everyday, even when he thinks no one is watching...
He goes out of his way to comfort me...
He was the first man I saw when I entered this world...
He was the first man to kiss me...
He protects me when my brother is getting rowdy!...
He feeds me early when I am fretting...
He tells me how much he loves me every single day...
He prays for me...

McLaren Sophie say's


Whenever I raise my arms to him he always lifts me up and hugs me...
He sings "see saw marjorie door" softly in my ear...

  Whenever I'm crying or whining he always blames others for my being upset :)...
 He complains when I have a hair bow in my hair because "it might leave a mark on my beautiful head!"
 When he feeds me he talks to me about anything and everything...
 He lets me sit on his lap and watch Baby Einstein over and over and over again...
 He's always making sure I'm comfortable whether I'm in a high chair or car seat or where ever...
 He lets me poke him in the eye and he congratulates me for my 'good aim'...
 He lets me crawl all over his bed when I have sleepovers...
 When I look into his eyes I see the most loving, kind, selfless and genuine person on earth. I'm glad he's all mine:)...

10 Reasons we love our Dad

Jodie Say's


When I look back over my life he is the one man who has never let me down...
He sacrificed so much just so as he could give us anything we wanted...
He taught me to love the scriptures as though they were written directly for me...
Every time I fell or hurt myself he would always get angry, then I reallised that he was not angry at me but angry because he could not prevent it happening. And even though I am now nearly 30 he still does it...
He tried so hard to teach me how to drive but had to give up because I was so bad and I wouldn't listen...
Even to this day before I leave the house he tells me to drive safely, to not wreck the car and not to encounter a fire, flood or even an act of God. But what he really means is 'I'm worried about you because I love you'...
I love that every time I hear Tim McGraw sing I think of the both of us driving in the summer of 97'...
He showed me the world and took me to places some only dream of, and taught me never to see the lack in others and to focus on their potential and to be grateful...
He taught me to 'First try to understand, and then try to be understood' (of which I am still working on)...
His example made me want to be just like him, strong but kind, to question but also listen, to see the inside not just the out and to know that a father will always love his child no matter what they may do...

Samantha say's


No comments: